viernes, noviembre 21

I ask, you answer

-So, here I am with more news. As you know many floods caused damage in China in 1931, and here we have Trevor, who was there when this terrible catastrophe happened, Hi Trevor.

-Hi Fred, thank you very much for inviting me. As you said before I was there when it all happened so, what do you want to know?

-What were the causes of the floods?

- Well, it was very strange, because from 1929 to 1930, by the winter of 1930 [abnormal rains on Central China began and this was followed by snowstorms. Then in spring many rains made the amount of water increase in a very notable way when between July and August the rains raised. After the rains, 1931 was characterized by the cyclone activity; about nine cyclones hit the region. It was definitely a natural catastrophe, all the damages were caused by meteorological facts.

-What happened to the people and city?

-The city, located on an island, suffered catastrophic damages and the floods caused the deaths of more than 28 million people. Many people died of drowning or from waterborne diseases such as  typhus and cholera and lots of wives and daughters were sold by desperate residents who were afraid.

-What did you do?

-Well, I travelled by plane with all my family to England. Although it was hard to leave China we started to like being here. My daughter had to say good bye to her friends and I think that travelling abroad because of the floods was something she would have never imaginaed.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario