domingo, junio 7

Diary Entry

We read one of Liz Lochhead´s poems: "For my grand mother knitting". Considering the content of the poem, we made an activity that consisted on writing a diary entry of between 200 and 240 words pretending we were the grandmother from the poem.

"December 20th,

   New day, new piece of knitting. As any other day I have the needles in my hands. It isn´t difficult at all, or at least it´s easier than I used to think when I was young.

   I knit for my grandchildren, my children and their couples. But I think they don´t really appreciate it now, they may think that it´s a habit from the past and are tired of it. And although they try not to show it, I allways realise. I really don´t care about it, because I want to be sure I take advantage of every day I´m living before I die.

   My house´s so silent, the needles follow the tic-tac from the clock and makes me feel I´m not alone. In every moment of my fingers I think I can smile, because it´s funny: The wool has become my best friend. It´s incredible how something material can make me so happy. I´m not in conditions of doing any sports, but when i knit, I feel I´m active, that my heart goes on thanks to this. 

   Last month one of my sons and his wife had their first child. As everyone expected I knitted him a sweatter, but as I didn´t knew him, I didn´t realise that the one I was making was too big for him. So now I´m here with wool in my chair, and as I said before: 

New piece of knitting!


      

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario