martes, mayo 13

Informal Letter

Dear Sophie,
            Hello my little sister. Last weekend I broke my left arm skiing in Aspen´s Mountains. It´s not a serious injury, but I´ll be with a plaster in my arm for a month.
            As you know when I decided to make the best 10.000 dollar´s investment of my life in Marionettes Inc. they provided me “Nettie 2”, with two arms, in good conditions. She has been replacing me at home during two or three days a week for several months, while I was spending my time with Tom, my best friend from the University. We decided to go on holidays to Aspen, where we spent most of the day skiing in the mountains and eating delicious chocolates. The second day, we competed to see who was the fastest and the “finish line” for me was a strong and big pine. Unluckily I couldn’t stop my race. I can´t return home with a plaster in my arm, and on top of this, I can´t stay here any longer with Tom, because of his work. Sometimes I think that, maybe, if I had bought that little house on the Hudson, I´d be there right now.
I imagine Nettie2 living in my house with Smith, my husband. What a problem! Where can I go now?
I hope you can help me, Best wishes for you,

Your sister, Nettie

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario