domingo, noviembre 20

Final Free-style Poem

We were once again asked to write a poem, but this time, with a topic we liked, a free one.

Estereotypes

You are like This
then, you are This
If you looked like That
Then, you would be That

That's what Society told me
But I hate it
I may look like This
But I'm still not This

I look like This
And I am like This
Many people look like This
And we're still not This

Many people are like This
Many people are like That
And I still think 
They are neither This or That

Society has created labels
So people just can be
Like This
Or like That

But why following stereotypes?
Why just choose between This and That?
Why choose when I could be
Different to This and That?

I am the way I am
And I love who I am 
I like my appearence and thoughts
Because I'm not like This or That.

More persons should start
To love who they are
Because each person is unique
And labels are just for cans


1 comentario:

  1. Poetry gives you a chance to say anything and everything. Within this subject, and beyond.
    Also, poetry gives me a chance to get to know you and to grade you. And even if grades are a little bit like labels, the label I put on you says "I´m so glad I get to know more about you every time I read something you have written. This is such an interesting and clever girl that the world is lucky she´s brave enough to speak her mnd."
    Thanks for sharing.
    Congratulations on this amazing work in which not only words but also colour helps you express yourself.

    10 (ten)

    ResponderEliminar